Thursday, June 17, 2010

Help for my curly hair? get 10 pts here?

my hair is verrrrry curly. and i love it. i have tight nice curls ont he sides and in the front, but in the back when i blow dry it in the morning, it can be very flat and frizzy. i apply mousse and hairspray and whatnot all around my hair before i blow dry it...



any tips on how to calm the frizzies in the back of my head only?!!? i've tried so many products, i think the problem is the way i'm drying it?? who knows.



Help for my curly hair? get 10 pts here?

Hey! I have the same exact hair as you have described. I know how tough it can be to get it to look right. When i do my hair in the morning, i apply mouse and hairspray when it is still wet. Then brush your hair, and do not touch it again until your done blowdrying it. this is key, if you touch it, it can activate the frizz.



The product i find that works the best, is herbal escences mousse, and thermasilk hairspray.



A way to help calm the frizz a bit, is after yourdone washing your hair and conditioning it. then put a dime size amount of conditioner in you hair and leave it in.



Instead of using a normal blow dryer. Try using a difuser...thats the attatchment for your blow dryer that has like..spiky things on it. It helps alot with frizz. instead of blowing your hair dry, it like...sucks your hair dry. lol.



Also, i find if your dry your hair upside down, from ends..to the roots. it works better./



Try this and let me know how it worked for you.



Help for my curly hair? get 10 pts here?

towel dry it



Help for my curly hair? get 10 pts here?

i think you should just wash your hair then hair spray it to keep the curly state, and no blow dry



Help for my curly hair? get 10 pts here?

use a shampoo and conditioner {maybe one just for curls, though it probably wont make much difference}, then put in a curl product like mousse and let it AIR DRY. airdryairdryairdry. do it. it should help



Help for my curly hair? get 10 pts here?

don't blow dry it. the air blowing so fast and so strong makes you hair frizz. and using mouse and hair spray isn't good for it either. get a curling gel, they have it at walmart. just don't blow dry it, it's horrible for your hair.



Help for my curly hair? get 10 pts here?

well i have wavy hair and when i want to make it really curly use a curling shampoo then use a product that has conditioner that will tame the frizz...also use a low heat but on hot temperature and use a defrizzer that attatches to your blow dryer if nothing works use a small curling iron to curl the very back of your hair or it sounds like it would look grreat in a pony tail on days that it dosent want to curl but try some curling products from the salon dont use gels or straightning products they will do the total opposite



Help for my curly hair? get 10 pts here?

stop drying it. you can't see the back of you head anyway, so automatically that says trouble. you should let it air dry especially since you are a curly girl. us curly heads are the most prone to damage. heat can cause damage. also maybe stop washing it everyday because you are stripping away valuable oils that curly people lack.(if that is what you do).



There are ways for it to dry quicker. If you towel dry it right it should not take long. Or what you could do is dry it slightly or on a cool setting. Also, there are products to prevent the flatness from not drying. You have to look and experiment.



Help for my curly hair? get 10 pts here?

well, dont dry it with a towel for sure, maybe, while your hair is wet, just lightly hold your hair with your towel, then lie down somewhere and wait for it to dry, it will be perfect, i have curls to. but thats how i do it. their is also another way, if you take a shower, like, right before sleeping, wrap you hair in the towel, and sleep. im the morning, it will all be curly in the same way. trust me. this works for my hair all the time.



Help for my curly hair? get 10 pts here?

Try lower heat and don't pick at the curls too much...hair on the same head can be different in different areas, talk to your stylist and let her manage it, and see what she uses and how she dries it...leave it too a professional...they should be able to help...good luck!



Help for my curly hair? get 10 pts here?

I also have super curly hair. When I wash it, I let it sit, wrapped up in a towel, for about 30 minutes. Then I put hair gel in it and blow dry it on low heat for a little bit to get the roots dry and give it a bit of umph so it's not so flat. That seems to work for me. You just have to try new things and find something that will work for you.



Help for my curly hair? get 10 pts here?

Use a shampoo/conditioner that is for curly hair or for the elimination of frizz. Someone at your salon or beauty supply store should be able to help you pick one out.



Make sure you're applying the right type of product to your hair. Maybe mousse isn't right for you. Maybe you need a curling lotion (that's what I use) or a gel. Again, ask your stylist.



Finally, the one piece of advice that I have been given which truly seems to help is to use a diffuser when you blow dry. It helps to allocate the airflow to your hair better and produces less frizzies.



A final trick I do is to apply about a dime size (or quarter, if you have long hair or lots of it) of some sort of anti-frizz serum to your hair. They also make anti-humidity sprays that you can apply to keep the moisture out (and therefore the frizzies away!) (For me, it works to only partially dry my hair with the blow dryer, then apply the serum, and then let the rest air dry).



Good luck!



Help for my curly hair? get 10 pts here?

put lotion in ur hair it keeps it fro frizzing and it doesn't harm ur hair ui need to stop puting mousse alot cuz that's wat also frizz ur hair



Help for my curly hair? get 10 pts here?

I also have long curly hair. It probably is how your drying it because it dosen't make sense that only the back is affected.



Since us girls with curly hair are more likely to have dry hair, i never blow dry my hair. It can cause hair breakage (which can cause frizzies!!!)



What I do if i want it curly after a shower, I add product, (leave in conditioner, mousse, shine serum) and i scrunch my hair all over for like 5 minutes. By the time I leave my hair is super curly and almost dry. If i want to straighten my hair, i don't wash it in the morning (your not suppose to wash your hair daily anyway) add some straightener protective spray, and start straightening.



If your dead set on blow drying your hair, try a different attachement on the blow dryer. Also if you go to your local salon, they have so many effective hair serums that are better than the ones at department stores, and they will give you tips on how to use it. Good luck!!



Help for my curly hair? get 10 pts here?

I would put the blowdryer (blowfryer) down.. lol.. Yes, just step away.. When you get out of the shower, don't rub your hair with the towel.. Try plopping.. I know it sounds funny, but it is a great thing for curly girls like yourself to enhance their curls.. Plop.. then air dry.. It saves loads of time and all of the curly girls that I've read their experiences love it! Check out the link below for detailed instructions.. it is super easy and fast! http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlcolumn...



Help for my curly hair? get 10 pts here?

I hate to tell you this but you are going to have to find some other products that work well with your hair. Salon products are they best. Seriously! You need to find a shampoo and conditioner for your hair%26gt; i noticed that mousse and hairspray is not good for the hair because it tends to dry it out severely...You should try natural products and use them sparingly. As far as frizz is concerned...depending on the state or area that you live in...if you are in an area that is full of moisture then you will not be able to toally get rid of frizz. I live in an area where the humidity is out of this world....Basically, I washed my hair with a shampoo that is designed for my hair type and conditioned it....when I conditioned it I put a small amount of olive oil on my hair...........small amount....and let the conditioner stay in for some time because my hair really needed it...combed it through and rinsed it with cold water. After that I put some other stuff on it and I sat under I dryer. I have naturally curly hair. I mean that is what worked for me....You need to take the time and do some research on your hair.....Look online......



I hope this helps:



http://www.stretcher.com/stories/03/03au...



http://www.ehow.com/how_116368_fix-frizz...



The best way to prevent frizz is to seal the cuticle layer against the penetration of moisture. Increased perspiration caused by hot flashes can be a problem but it is not an insurmountable one. Using a moisture-rich shampoo and conditioner formulated for smooth and silky hair, followed by application of a smoothing serum to towel-dried hair, will help you create a smooth curly style. Be sure to dry the hair using a diffused dryer and finish off the style using a styling pomade.



Pomades are wax-based styling products and the waxy base helps to seal the cuticle layer. It allows you to create definition in the curly style, and will block excess moisture from penetrating the hair shaft causing more frizz.



There are sites that might have home remedies that you can try as well.. I hope you have good luck.



Help for my curly hair? get 10 pts here?

First wash your hair with "Sleek" shampoo and conditioner and get the "deep moisturizing mask", that you leave on for 3-5 minutes. If you don't want to get the shampoo or the conditioner then just get the "deep moisturizing mask", it works wonders. After you washed your hair put some Cat Walk-"Curls Rock Curly Hair leave-in Moisturizer" brush that through and then spray the Cat Walk-"Curls Rock Curl Booster", brush that through to and then scrunch your hair with Cat Walk-"Curl Amplify Creme", and blow dry with a diffuser...Talk about a good hair day...You will adore your hair.



Help for my curly hair? get 10 pts here?

i dont reply to get points

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
student loan